August 11, 2009

Introductions, Introductions...

So, my name is Melissa and I am just about two years in to being a single mommy to the best daughter in the world... Miracle. Yes, her name is Miracle and she is every bit of that namesake to me and my family.

I'd like to chronologize our life together as we grow, live, love, learn and experience all that there is for us in this life that has been "chosen" for us. This life may have been chosen out of our control, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is our destiny to continue on the way I thought it was going to two years ago.

My former spouse (I don't like the phrase ex-husband for some reason that I may get into later) and I adopted our sweet daughter when she was 18 months old. When Miracle was about 3 1/2 and after 13 1/2 years of marriage, he and I filed for our divorce, sold our home, Miracle and I moved in with my parents and finally bought a small condo/townhome thingy. What a whirlwind it has been.

I went through the grieving time, the resentment time, the hatred time, the grieving time and oh, yeah, the resentment time... but, in the end, I know in my heart that it's for the best. I think it's for the best with regards to my "former spouse" and I, but not for our daughter. I still haven't been able to come to terms with that... the anger, the feelings of failure, the stress, the fear... on and on.

I have decided not to make this blog about bashing the "former spouse" and may never even mention his name, but I would like to be able to lend someone else my experiences of what I did to cope and where I am now. It's been such a long journey in such a short time and I think I've got a lot to say.

Who knows? Maybe even just one experience might spark something in someone else that they can either use... or pay forward! I may never even have one passerby, but for me, I think this could be therapeutic in a way. Even that just might be enough.

So, for now I bid a fond, temporary farewell.

In peace, love and most of all harmony!
(yeah, sounds so hippy-ish, I know -- what can I say?)

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful look into your life of the real ups and downs of reality. Thank you for being so brave and honest in sharing your feelings. Miracle is a beautiful, full of life comedian, and as she is your MIRACLE you are her MIRACLE! Looking forward to reading more! Love Erina

    ReplyDelete